Tosaf Inc. was established in 2016 to serve both local manufacturers and international businesses. With an impressive capacity for producing custom color masterbatches, white masterbatches, and a wide range of additives, we supply customers in a variety of industries, offering the highest quality standards and a fast lead time.
Position Summary and Purpose: The Research and Development (R&D) Manager will use knowledge in color masterbatch development and research methods to improve existing products and develop new products. The R&D Manager is expected to lead the department and resolve any technical issues.
- Lead key projects/color development to support business goals.
- Understand customer expectations on to-be manufactured products.
- Determine and execute improved technologies used by suppliers, competitors, and customers.
- Hire and develop lab personnel.
- Establish goals and priorities by collaborating with all departments to achieve company goals.
- Research, design and evaluate materials, processes, and equipment.
- Suggest training tools to enhance employee performance and skill development.
- Monitor lab metrics and objectives ensuring goals are met.
- Document all phases of research and development.
- Establish and maintain for quality control team and measures, in-process and finished products.
- Assess the scope of projects and ensure they are on time and within budget.
- Be present at industry conferences on research topics of interest.
Proven experience in a relevant role.
- A strong understanding of products and pigments in the masterbatch industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various analytical instrumentations.
- Experience working in an ISO regulated manufacturing laboratory is preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and computer skills including proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work as a team and independently required.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute work activities to ensure completion of sampling and testing requirements.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
Education and Training:
- Master’s degree in relevant field (preferred).
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of relevant experience required.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Office Environment with attached manufacturing and laboratory facility. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Sitting, computer keying, walking, listening, and talking on the phone. Willingness and ability to spend most of the workday standing, lifting samples or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.