The Accounting Department is growing at TOSAF USA, and we are looking for an additional diligent accountant to join our accounting department. The staff accountant's responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining accounts receivables documentation. You will also be assisting the Chief Financial Officer as needed and responding to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
To be successful as a staff accountant, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). An outstanding accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts receivables, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Able to process weekly payroll
- Assist with daily Cash Management and monthly consolidations
- Able to assist in providing HR functions on New Hires and Associates
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the CFO and GM as needed.
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Minimum Associates and/or Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent Excel and WORD skills
- ERP and Paychecks Systems experience a plus